I'm having trouble uploading the image in a specific directory. It is
requried for me to do this because when i login to my ftp server i have to
choose the directory "backup_os" before i can upload stuff.

I would really appreciate any help I can get.

What g4u version do you use
2.4

What exact command(s) did you use
uploaddisk 192.168.0.196 /backup_os/image.gz wd0
also
uploaddisk 192.168.0.196 backup_os/image.gz wd0
and
uploaddisk 192.168.0.196 image.gz wd0

What exact output did you get (all of it, 1:1, no interpretation on your
own)?

220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 1 of 10 allowed.
220-Local time is now 01:40. Server port: 21.
220-This server supports FXP transfers
220 You will be disconnected after 10 minutes of inactivity.
331 User install OK. Password required

230 OK. Current restricted directory is /
Remote system type is UNIX
Using binary mode to transfer files
200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
remote: /backup_os/image.gz
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,196,217,8)
553 Users may not upload files

221-Goodbye. You uploaded 0 and downloaded 0 kbytes.
221 Logout.
654488 Kib 59.17 MiB/s

What operating system, filesystem type and FTP server software do you use on
your FTP server?
A DLink DNS-320 NAS running some kind of linux with Pure-ftpd. The ftp
filesystem is NTFS.

Best regards
Mads Y