yes what you say is okay.

On 2/3/07, Yann Le Boulanger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Torsten Bronger wrote:
> Hallöchen!
>
> I'd like to have the option to provide own avatars in Gajim.  I
> *think* ;) I could do the programming myself, however, first I must
> know one or two things: Do you think it is a sensible feature?  Is
> there already any effort in this direction?
>
> And what should be the "rules"?  If there is a contact-provided
> avatar, should the own avatar always override it?  Additionally, I
> think the info box should show both (the user-provided at least as a
> filename).
>
> Tschö,
> Torsten.

there is currently no way to do that, nor any effort in that direction.
So you can do that if you want. I think a button in vcard window at the
place of the avatar (or under it if there is one) and show both avatars
in vcard one under the other is a good solution. If both exists, show
the forced one in roster. tooltip should IMHO show only one. the
contacts's one if it exists or the forced one.

other suggestions ?
--
Yann