On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 12:12:37PM +0200, Yann Leboulanger wrote:
> Gajim is currently released under GPL V2. We'd like to release next
> version under GPL V3 or any later version. For that we need that all of
> you (developers and patchers) accept this change.
>
> Richard Stallman explains here [0] some reasons to switch to Versino 3
> of GPL.

That doesn't explains why it's good for gajim, does it ?

> And as it's difficult to upgrade from GPL V2 to V3, we'd like to release
> under V3 *or any later version* so that next version of GPL will be used
> without having to ask everyone.

I agree with the upgrade to GPL v3, not that I think that's actually
needed or useful, but I absolutely *disagree* to "any later version".
I'll never agree to license that doesn't exists yet (and that's why gajim
was GPL v2 only in the first place)

--
Vincent Hanquez