On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 16:40, Jonathan Schleifer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Damien Thébault" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> GTalk uses SRV records. Maybe you don't check them yet?
> For AAAA records, my server (webkeks.org) provides them - so if you
> need a server to test.

It was the other way around: non-SRV records (I did specify the gtalk
server manually because one time it didn't work properly without that)
were blocking everything (if a wrong nameserver was provided in
/etc/resolv.conf), I did a small trick in connection.py to call my
resolver and to change the host in self._hosts once resolved.
This way, it never hangs.
For AAAA records, I'm able to get them with getaddrinfo (IPv6
addresses are in the list).

Ok, let's put this code somewhere now :)
I'll maybe post the patch for gajim if someone is interested.
--
Damien Thebault