Here's a mail where OpenBSD states why they won't commit 0.12 into their ports tree. So much for "This is not a issue for users not using GPRS", Yann. And so much for it's obvious how to disable it - it seems more like it isn't obvious at all, as noone seemed to figure out for hisself what's causing it and how to disable it. We need to release 0.12.1, and we need to do that ASAP!

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

Von: Pierre-Emmanuel André <p...@raveland.org>
Datum: 19. Dezember 2008 12:22:00 MEZ
An: Simon Kuhnle <si...@blarzwurst.de>
Kopie: po...@openbsd.org
Betreff: Re: UPDATE: net/gajim to 0.12 and drop maintainership

Le Wed, 17 Dec 2008 23:14:06 +0100,
Simon Kuhnle <si...@blarzwurst.de> a écrit :

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 03:00:06PM +0100, Pierre-Emmanuel André wrote:
Le Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:45:34 +0100,
Simon Kuhnle <si...@blarzwurst.de> a écrit :

Hi,

finally the version 0.12 of Gajim is released.
Changelog: http://trac.gajim.org/browser/tags/gajim-0.12/ChangeLog

Thanks to Jonathan Schleifer, all patches are upstream.

With this update I'm dropping maintainership,
as I'm not really using gajim anymore, in favor of mcabber. Any
takers?

Besides 'make lib-depends-check' is telling me
Extra:         aspell.17
everything seems to work fine on i386.

You need to remove aspell from WANTLIB.

That did the job for me.

Otherwise it looks good for me.
I tested on @macppc, @sparc64 and @i386 with success. Btw, I can
take the maintainership.

Very nice, thank you for testing and taking over.
I attached the diff with your address and the removed aspell.

Thanks for your update Simon.
I will not commit this update now: after a full day of testing, i've
some regressions with this version.
I tested with 3 accounts based on 3 differents servers(ichat server,
ejabberd 1.1.2 and ejabberd 2.0.1) and i have a lot of deconnexions...
If some gajim users read this thread, could you please test this update
and tells me if you see regressions ?

--
Pierre-Emmanuel André <pea at raveland.org>
GPG key: 0x7AE329DC