Nikolai Vazov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to connect my galaxy instance to a DB on a different
> host. This DB uses an SSL encryption and Auth method md5.
>
> I have no problems in connecting to the DB via the command line, but
> the line (in universe_wsqi.ini) :
>
> database_connection =
> postgres://<USERNAME>:<PASSWORD>@<HOST>:5432/<DB_NAME>
>
> gives the following error when I run the script 'run.sh':
>
> OperationalError: (OperationalError) FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry
> for host "<HOST_IP>", user "<USERNAME>", database "<DB_NAME>", SSL
> off
>
> I managed to connect to a local instance of PostgreSQL server
> (without SSL, though)
>
> Can you give me some hints?

Hi Nikolay,

You may be able to connect with:

  postgres://<USERNAME>:<PASSWORD>@<HOST>:5432/<DB_NAME>?sslmode=<SSLMODE>

Where SSLMODE is one of the valid values from libpq:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/libpq-ssl.html#LIBPQ-SSL-SSLMODE-STATEMENTS

If psycopg2 was built without SSL this will probably fail, in which case
I can rebuild the psycopg2 eggs to link against SSL, but this may take a
while.

--nate