On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 2:14 PM, shashi shekhar <meshash...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I have added separate job runner in my galaxy instance.  So far it was
> running successfully from many months.
> Now its giving error as below  and i am unable to trace it. Please suggest.
>

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/gwadmin/galaxy-central/lib/galaxy/jobs/__init__.py", line 202,
> in __monitor_step
>     self.dispatcher.put( JobWrapper( job, self ) )
>   File
> "/home/gwadmin/galaxy-central/eggs/SQLAlchemy-0.5.6_dev_r6498-py2.4.egg/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py",
> line 931, in _handle_dbapi_exception
>     raise exc.DBAPIError.instance(statement, parameters, e,
> connection_invalidated=is_disconnect)
> OperationalError: (OperationalError) database is locked None None
>

> Thanks
> Shashi

You're not using SQLite as the database are you? I've seen that kind of
error message from locking problems (e.g. when the SQLite DB was on
a CIFS mapped drive), and it wouldn't surprise me that with a separate
thread for the job runner you get contention over the SQLite DB.

If you are using PostgreSQL (or MySQL) as recommended for a production
Galaxy server, then I'm not sure what could be wrong.