Hello:

I am trying to add a display tool to a local galaxy instance.  However, I
don't understand the scripts used. In the tutorial at:

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Tools/External%20Display%20Applications%20Tutorial

The script for "Basic Topics" uses variables that are not traceable.  Is
there a reference for the "global" variables for galaxy?.  I imagine this
is like the "global" variables one uses when creating html pages with
javascript.

Where can I find the log files for galaxy ?.  If the scripts don't work, I
imagine information about a possible errors must be printed in some log
somewhere.

Do I need to restart the portal after I perform changes to the
display_applications directory and datatypes_conf.xml ?

Thanks for any help

Jeremy Villalobos