I recall at the Galaxy conf there were questions on how secure this is (having
the 'galaxy' user submit jobs as someone else).  This would involve switching
users on the cluster or would require user login information, correct?

The way we planned on working around this was to just specify a user account
string (using '-A') instead of bothering with switching users.  I believe our
local cluster disallows switching users via PBS unless the submitter has admin
privs, but the accounting string works fine (I suppose one could use the
project option as well).

chris