From: Ryan <ngsbioinformat...@gmail.com<mailto:ngsbioinformat...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 14:25:44 -0500
To: Brad Langhorst <langho...@neb.com<mailto:langho...@neb.com>>
Cc: Usha Reddy <usha.reddy...@gmail.com<mailto:usha.reddy...@gmail.com>>,
"galaxy-...@bx.psu.edu<mailto:galaxy-...@bx.psu.edu>"
<galaxy-...@bx.psu.edu<mailto:galaxy-...@bx.psu.edu>>
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] galaxy command line

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Langhorst, Brad
<langho...@neb.com<mailto:langho...@neb.com>> wrote:
Usha:

Galaxy is essentially a wrapper around other command line tools.
So, while you could probably extract some of its pieces to run on the command
line, I don't know why you would want to.

I would argue it would be beneficial to invoke pipelines from the command line
instead of being forced to use the web-based interface.  command line is
beneficial for large #'s of datasets that need to be analyzed.

Ryan