Hi Peter,

Sorry I wasn't clear, the .gz gets stripped from the name in the
Galaxy UI when you upload the files into a data library via the manage
data libraries form. When you upload it via Get Data -> Upload File
the .gz is preserved which is what one would want since I am not
having it gunzipped by specifying its own new datatype and extension
and changing binary.py to make sure it doesn't fall through to the
elsif where it tries to unzip stuff.