Yes, we are using this locally (sftp and scp).  Basically follow the same rules
as for FTP on the wiki, but leave out the ProFTP setup; this was per Nate's
instructions, whom I believe is to change the FTP-specific documentation at
some point.

Basically, any mechanism that transfers data to that folder should work; the
key part is to ensure that the user folders are set up correctly and that
transferred files have proper permissions set so galaxy can work on them.

chris