Hi everyone. I'm writing a tool that can take a parameter with a dynamic list
of values.

The tool XML file looks like this:

<conditional ...>
  <param name="outer" .... type="select">
    <option value="1">XYZ</option>
    <option value="2">ZYX</option>
    <option value="3">ZXY</option>
  </param>
  <when value="1">
    <param name="inner" .... type="select">
    </param>
  </when>
</conditional>

I would like to generate the inner <option> elements dynamically by calling an
external utility in response to the first parameter ("outer"), or at least some
piece of python code.

I know I can use <options> to load this from an external file, but that's not
enough. I tried to use <code>, but I'm afraid I wasn't able to generate the
list of options dynamically (by using the first conditional when selected). I
couldn't find a tool that uses <code> to this end.

Does anybody have any suggestion?

I was thinking of adding a new attribute to <options>, like <options
load_from_command="....">. Would you accept such a patch to galaxy?

Thanks.