On Apr 4, 2012, at 2:44 PM, Aaron Gallagher wrote:

> On Apr 4, 2012, at 11:35 AM, Langhorst, Brad wrote:
>
>> This is somewhat akin to the reference area galaxy uses to store reference
>> sequences (and their various indices, formats, annotations etc).
>> It might be possible to modify galaxy's reference infrastructure to  present
>> these pre-built reference packages in the same way a user chooses hg19, or
>> E. coli K12.  The parse JSON option looks easier to me
>
> This seems like something I should look into, at least. These don't come with
> Galaxy, do they?

No, one installs those references independently.
see
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/NGS%20Local%20Setup
specifically the section on reference genomes .

The more I think about this, the more i think it might make sense to explore
setting up you own loc file - might not be that tough.
I've never done that, so maybe somebody else who knows more about this will
comment on that.

Brad

--
Brad Langhorst