Dear Galaxy Dev-Team,

I set up a local Galaxy instance at the University of Tuebingen, Germany. It runs on a virtual machine, which submits jobs to a small cluster consisting of three nodes running Ubuntu 10.04 (64bit).

Occasionally, when I submit a job via Galaxy, the respective history item stays grey and the job is not passed to the cluster. When this happens, Galaxy crashes with the error message "Bus error":

galaxy.jobs INFO 2012-04-05 14:29:16,779 job 1132 dispatched
134.2.172.47 - - [05/Apr/2012:14:29:16 +0200] "GET /history HTTP/1.1" 200 - "http://ratest4:8080/tool_runner/index"; "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0"
Bus error

Today, I updated our Galaxy instance to the latest version from the "galaxy-dist" repository, but the problem is still present. I would very much appreciate your help on this issue.

Kind regards,
Johannes

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Bioinf.) Johannes Eichner
Univ. Tuebingen, WSI-RA, Sand 1, D-72076 Tuebingen, Germany