Hi Edward,

I've started work on this in earnest now. I see you only defined one
new datatype, blastdb, which worked for nucleotide databases.
I want to handle protein databases too, so I think two datatypes
makes sense - which I am currently calling blastdbn and blastdbp.

That won't be compatible with your existing tools & history, but
other than that seems sensible to me. I suppose we could use
blastdb and blastdb_p which would match the *.loc files?

What do you think?