Hi Ira,

Sample fiel handling for installed tool shed repositories was restricted to
.loc.sample files as you discovered.  I've enhanced this feature to copy all
appropriate .sample files contained in the installed repository to the
tool-data directory of the Galaxy instance to which the repository was
installed.   This enhancement is available in change set 7145:ea9f3c25a415 in
our central repository.  Thanks for reporting this problem!

Greg Von Kuster