On May 14, 2012, at 3:32 PM, Daniel Patrick Sullivan wrote:

> Hi, Galaxy Developers,
>
> I sent an email to this list earlier this week regarding an issue I
> was having with the 'schedule jobs as user' functionality of Galaxy.
> I am taking a closer look at the documentation on this configuration
> option, and based on my reading, this feature is only supported with
> DRMAA (and not PBS).  Based on my reading of the cluster URL in the
> galaxy documentation
> (http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Config/Performance/Cluster), it is my
> understanding that galaxy must use PBS to interact with TORQUE; the
> documentation specifically states "although for legacy reasons,
> pbs_python is used for TORQUE".  Does this mean that I am not able to
> use the schedule jobs as user functionality of galaxy with TORQUE?  Is
> DRMAA not supported with TORQUE at all for Galaxy?

Hi Dan,

The last time I tried to use DRMAA with Torque it was segfaulting on job
submission, but it may have been because my version of the Torque client was
pretty old.  You may have better luck, and I believe I have seen some posts on
the dev list indicating that people have successfully used DRMAA with Torque.
Note that you have to pass an option to Torque's configure script to build
libdrmaa, since it will not do so by default.

--nate