It works !!!
I've changed the extension of output file of an application.
But in Galaxy, it's referenced over the old file with .dat in history, so
if we want to re-use this file with other tool it's not the best way to
change this extension after the run of tool.
If I could change the extension before the chargement in history, that
would be perfect.
But I suppose it's not possible.
I'm already satisfied of the possibility I've discover with the
modification of xml files.

Thank you for your help
Julie