Hi all,

I'm trying to run galaxy-central on my laptop in order to play around
with some changes, and I'm having trouble getting it to run. I can run
galaxy-dist without problems and have been working with that (so its
eggs are all installed already), but now I want to create a pull
request so want to run galaxy-dist. I'm not trying to install any
extra tools or data, just the code.

I'm running on OSX 10.7.4 and using virtualenv. I have Enthought
installed, and I assume I will be using its version of python by
default. The default python seems to be 2.7.3.

I'm using the same virtualenv environment for galaxy-dist and
galaxy-central (though it doesn't seem to matter if I give
galaxy-central its own environment, I see the same error). So the
steps were:
- create a virtualenv environment and activate it
- get galaxy-dist and call run.sh - it asked me to build quite a lot
of dependencies myself, which was just a matter of running the
requested commands, and then it worked with no problems.
- shut down galaxy-dist, and in another directory, get galaxy-central
and call run.sh. I think it asked me to build a couple of
dependencies, but then it gives up with the following:

(galaxy_env)Clares-MacBook-Pro:galaxy-central clare$ sh run.sh --reload
Some eggs are out of date, attempting to fetch...
Warning: MarkupSafe (a dependent egg of Mako) cannot be fetched
Warning: pycrypto (a dependent egg of Fabric) cannot be fetched
Warning: simplejson (a dependent egg of WebHelpers) cannot be fetched
Fetched http://eggs.g2.bx.psu.edu/ssh/ssh-1.7.14-py2.7.egg
One of Galaxy's managed eggs depends on something which is missing,
this is almost certainly a bug in the egg distribution.
Dependency "ssh" requires "pycrypto>=2.1,!=2.4"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./scripts/fetch_eggs.py", line 30, in <module>
    c.resolve() # Only fetch eggs required by the config
  File "/Users/clare/galaxy/galaxy-central/lib/galaxy/eggs/__init__.py",
line 345, in resolve
    egg.resolve()
  File "/Users/clare/galaxy/galaxy-central/lib/galaxy/eggs/__init__.py",
line 168, in resolve
    dists = pkg_resources.working_set.resolve( (
self.distribution.as_requirement(), ), env, self.fetch )
  File
"/Users/clare/galaxy/galaxy_env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources.py",
line 569, in resolve
    raise VersionConflict(dist,req) # XXX put more info here
pkg_resources.VersionConflict: (ssh 1.7.14
(/Users/clare/galaxy/galaxy-central/eggs/ssh-1.7.14-py2.7.egg),
Requirement.parse('pycrypto>=2.1,!=2.4'))
Fetch failed.

Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks,
Clare