Hi Makis,

This should work to get you an update-able galaxy instance going forward,
without having to manually migrate anything.

Please note that this method will clobber any existing changes to code, so if
you've modified any of the core galaxy you'll need to patch the new files.  All
of your data and database settings will remain intact (but still do steps 1 and
2).

1)  Back up everything, just in case
2)  Make sure you did step #1
2)  cd into the root galaxy directory and `hg init`
3)  create a file, <galaxy_root>/.hg/hgrc with the following two lines:

[paths]
default = https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-dist

4)  And again from the galaxy root `hg pull`
5)  Finally `hg update -C`

And you should be good to go.

-Dannon