On Oct 3, 2012, at 10:06 AM, David Hoover wrote:

>> This script is used multiple times, so you might want to make sure that this
>> change won't cause files to become readable that you would prefer remain
>> unreadable.
>
> From the log output, it looks like files are chmod'd to the user, then later
> back to the Galaxy user.  Is there somewhere else that isn't logged?

Hi David,

It chowns the entire working directory, I double checked and I don't see
anywhere else it runs.  But after looking at the code again, I'm surprised this
fix works since it shouldn't touch anything in new_file_path.

>> Since you mention Apache uploading, what are you using for Apache to handle
>> the uploads?
>
> I don't know, whatever the default mechanism.  I'm not using nginx.

This would just upload straight through to Galaxy without any special handling
by Apache.  Tempfiles are created by Galaxy's internal webserver via the
FieldStorage monkeypatch in lib/galaxy/web/framework/base.py

--nate