On Thursday, October 4, 2012, Shane Sturrock wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.

No problem.

> This section:
>
> #Your blastdb_p.loc file should include an entry per line for each "base
> name"
> #you have stored. For example:
> #
> #nr_05Jun2010 NCBI NR (non redundant) 05 Jun 2010
> /data/blastdb/05Jun2010/nr
> #nr_15Aug2010 NCBI NR (non redundant) 15 Aug 2010
> /data/blastdb/15Aug2010/nr
> #...etc...
> #
> #See also blastdb.loc which is for any nucleotide BLAST database.
>
> There are two tabs between the 2010 and /data

Sigh. I've been using emacs to edit these files on our server, and
it doesn't show non-printing characters like tabs in a visible way
(at least, not with the default settings - any tips?). Note I'm not
using xemacs, just the terminal based one. And typing a raw
tab involves a tedious control sequence... there probably is an
easier way, but I don't edit these loc files very often.

(Note that user defined BLAST databases are coming soon
to the BLAST+ wrappers, delayed by a hardware problem
on our local system meaning I haven't finished testing it)

> Like an idiot I just copied one of those lines and changed it to

match my local database setup and then spent literally hours

trying to figure out why blast from the command line worked

fine, but I couldn't get it to work with Galaxy.

Sorry about that - but by reporting this and getting it fixed you've
hopefully saved anyone else suffering this way.

I'm at a meeting all day so I probably won't be able to update
this till next week.