On Oct 22, 2012, at 3:52 AM, David van Enckevort <david.van.enckev...@nbic.nl>
wrote:

> On the main galaxy page there is a link 'Report Issue' to the bitbucket issue
> tracker, however since a few weeks it is not possible to view or report
> issues anymore since it requires membership of the project.

The wiki needs to be updated, thanks for pointing this out.  It actually has
conflicting instructions, both saying to, and not to, report issues on
bitbucket.

> This raises two questions:
> 1. How should issues be reported?
> 2. How can we see which issues have been reported by others, and most
> importantly, whether they have been addressed by the Galaxy Team.
> I think it is very important for any group that maintains a Galaxy instance
> to have insight in the known issues and fixes, and I hope this information is
> still available somewhere.

We now have a public facing Trello board accessible from
galaxyproject.org/trello (direct link to the board is
https://trello.com/board/galaxy-development-inbox/50686d0302dfa79d13d90c45).
To add new cards simply fill out the form at galaxyproject.org/trello (use
markdown for formatting, if desired), but you can comment on and vote for
issues directly on the board.

All existing bitbucket issues were imported and, though they still need to be
sorted out, comments/voting on them are more than welcome.  Our hope is that
this issue tracker will be a more effective community interface than the
bitbucket issues were, with the voting features and simpler visibility.

-Dannon