Hi Akshay,
Please post all technical questions directly to the galaxy-dev mailing list. I'm sure we'll be able to help out shortly,
Jen
Galaxy team
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Support#Mailing_Lists

Hello,

My name is Akshay and I am a computer science graduate student at UGA in Dr.
Kissinger's Lab. We have created an extension to galaxy which allowed users to
add web services as tools into galaxy, these could be either used as
stand-alone or in a workflow. I wanted to know if Galaxy employs any time out
strategy.

Consider a case where I have a workflow with BLASTP now it takes some time to
run blast and then get result form it. When I try that experiment as standalone
(i.e., running the run method first and then after several mins getting result
using job id works) however when I create a workflow in which one tool being
run method of blast followed by getresult, galaxy seems to time out.

Would appreciate your feedback on the same.

-Akshay Choche