This isn't (at least at first) Pause/Resume as you might be expecting - where
you could manually pause a currently running job and continue it later.  What
we're doing at least in the first pass is using 'Paused' as an internal state
that jobs only go into in two scenarios:

1) User quota is full - all jobs waiting to run will be paused instead of
waiting in the queue forever.  After clearing their quota, paused jobs can be
resumed.
2) A parent job (say, in a workflow) fails, then dependent jobs will be paused
instead of having the cascaded error.  You'll be able to rerun the failed
parent and (if it succeeds) have paused jobs resume, instead of having to
re-queue everything all over again.  This isn't quite fully implemented yet,
but will be finished in the near future.

Other than being able to effectively resume workflows and potentially do other
things with this framework, the changes should also reduce the load on Galaxy's
job running system.

-Dannon