Hi Ido,

Is .sqlite a common compressed file type (i.e. zip, gzip, or bz2) just
with a different extension?

If it is, I think upload.py is always going to try to decompress it.
That that has long been a behavior I would like to be able to disable
on a per file type basis. If this is the problem and the galaxy team
agrees to accept a patch for address the issue, I would be happy to
try to implement the fix.

-John