Hi all,

One of our users had a problem, that the subtract datasets tool did not behave.

She had just uploaded two datasets, one column each (actually in txt format), one with ~300000 lines, another with 106, and used the subtract tool. It did not work because of trailing white spaces (spaces, tabs and EOL) in the second file.

Looking at the code, I had made a small adjustment then: adding a line: line = line.rstrip() (Line 32 in ~/galaxy-dist/tools/new_operations/subtract_query.py).

Anyway, how to proceed that this fix is included in Galaxy main? I understand that these tools eventually will be migrated to the toolshed? Is it useful to do a pull request for this small enhancement? Or can somebody of the devteam add this patch?

Thanks,
Joachim

--
Joachim Jacob

Rijvisschestraat 120, 9052 Zwijnaarde
Tel: +32 9 244.66.34
Bioinformatics Training and Services (BITS)
http://www.bits.vib.be
@bitsatvib