Hey Simon,

You're right -- the EMBOSS version supported by the Galaxy wrappers is
currently EMBOSS 5.  We do have a Tool Dependency page here:
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Dependencies, but
unfortunately while it lists versions for many tools it doesn't cover them all.
 I'll update the EMBOSS entry.

As far as updating the galaxy EMBOSS wrappers to use a newer version, I'm not
aware of any plans to do this currently (though someone could certainly do this
if so inclined).

-Dannon