Ah, I see, thanks Jeremy.

I did see the html entry in the datatypes_conf.xml, but (erroneously) thought
that I was to use the datatype listed after the colon ("Html") rather than the
extension (which is "html").

    <datatype extension="html" type="galaxy.datatypes.images:Html"
mimetype="text/html"/>

Setting my output type to "html" produces the desired behavior.

Thanks again,

-- Jay