Hi,

Because hadoop is a different computing approach, all the underlying
tools would need to be written for hadoop as well, so currently Galaxy
would not be very useful with only a hadoop cluster as a backend.
However work is underway to allow hadoop jobs to be run alongside
other jobs from a Galaxy frontend.

--
James Taylor, Assistant Professor, Biology/CS, Emory University