On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 11:43 PM, <alex.khassa...@csiro.au> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Can anybody please add a few words on how can we use the “initial
> implementation” which “ exists in the tasks framework”?
>
> -Alex

To enable this, set use_tasked_jobs = True in your universe_wsgi.ini
file. The tools must also be configured to allow this via the
<parallelism> tag. Many of my tools do this, for example see the NCBI
BLAST+ wrappers in the tool shed. Additionally the data file formats
must support being split, or being merged - which is done via Python
code in the Galaxy datatype definition (see the split and merge
methods in lib/galaxy/datatypes/*.py). Some other relevant Python code
is in lib/galaxy/jobs/splitters/*.py