Regarding this issue (
https://trello.com/card/filter-and-sort-select-tool-not-dealing-with-special-characters-right/506338ce32ae458f6d15e4b3/572
):

No bug is apparent when using an up-to-date local instance of Galaxy (local
history on Trello card). However, when using the Galaxy public server the
bug is apparent (regular expressions are not registered). So we have come
to a few conjectures,

1) The bug has already been fixed in the newest version of Galaxy

or

2) Somehow, instantiating the public server is the source of the error
(which is unlikely).

If one can elucidate any misconceptions (especially about the current
version of the Galaxy public server) that we may have that would be great.
We would like to resolve this bug.
Thank You