Hi Nate,

I am sorry I missed your reply... Thanks for your input, will try this soon.

Cheers,
Joachim

Joachim Jacob

Rijvisschestraat 120, 9052 Zwijnaarde
Tel: +32 9 244.66.34
Bioinformatics Training and Services (BITS)
http://www.bits.vib.be
@bitsatvib

On 02/13/2013 06:31 PM, Nate Coraor wrote:
On Feb 11, 2013, at 7:48 AM, Joachim Jacob |VIB| wrote:

Hello all,

After a *reboot* of our Galaxy server, the environment variables are set
correctly.

However, after *restarting* the Galaxy process on a running server, by logging in as
Galaxy and running the init script on CentOS as "service galaxyd restart", the
environment variables seems to be messed up
Hi Joachim,

It seems odd you'd be logging in as Galaxy to restart the process.  Since the
system is going to run the init script as root, you should do this as well when
you restart it.  Presumably whatever init script you are using is properly
switching to the galaxy user to start the server process(es).

--nate

After this manual Galaxy restart, some tools are not found, apparently caused
by a modification of the environment variable PATH. Can somebody provide me
perhaps with insight on what is causing this, and how to avoid this?

My environment variables are set in /etc/profile.d/galaxy_environment_setup (which
is a symbolic link to   -> /home/galaxy/environment_setup )

Thanks,
Joachim