Aaanndd ofcourse it was due to the proxy settings.

I noticed that the history refresh is done through a call of the API and
since I had re-routed that to a different web server than the main server,
it broke.

But once I added this rewrite rule:

ReWriteRule ^(/api/histories/.*) http://localhost:8080$1 [P,L]

Before the other /api/ one, the refresh of the history worked again.

It seems I need to spend a little more time on this whole proxy setting
thing.

Thon