On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> [*] This is one reason why I've just switched the default BLAST+
> output from the standard 12 column output to the extended 24
> column output in v0.0.17 of the wrappers:
> http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/devteam/ncbi_blast_plus/

Hi Peter,

Would you consider adding the option to set a custom tabular output? I
would like to be able to select exactly which fields to include. For
example the alignment data I rarely need it and if I choose 24 column
output I'll be wasting a lot of space by including it.

I'll be happy to provide patch.

And yes, I'll be very happy to be able to set custom column names in
the workflow for tabular outputs.

Regards,
Carlos