On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Björn Grüning
<bjoern.gruen...@pharmazie.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
>> > I've looked over the wiki and as far as I can see, 'when' tags used inside
>> > 'conditional' tags only work on another input variable's values.
>> >
>> > I would like to be able to do is a conditional based on the file format
>> > of an input file. For instance, a tool might take XML or tabular files,
>> > and need to show additional parameters for one input type but not the
>> > other.
>> >
>> > Does this enhancement idea seem useful?
>> >
>> > Peter
>>
>> Hello again,
>>
>> I'd still like to be able to show different tool parameters for different
>> input file formats - is anyone else interested in using or working on
>> this?
>
> Yes! Im using that for a few of my tools, but currently the user need to
> choose the file format, that is suboptimal :(

Thank Bjoern & John for your comments back in March.
I've just filed a Trello card for this:
https://trello.com/card/-/506338ce32ae458f6d15e4b3/837

This was prompted by revisiting my Venn Diagram tool, where it
would be nice to offer a column number parameter when using
a tabular input file (but this is not appropriate for FASTA files):
http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/venn_list