On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Patel, Viren <vcpa...@emory.edu> wrote:
> Hello. I have installed Galaxy and run it successfully. Now I am trying to
> configure it to use DRMAA job runner. I created a job_conf.xml file as
> explained in the Galaxy wiki:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <job_conf>
>     <plugins>
>         <plugin id="sge" type="runner"
> load="galaxy.jobs.runners.drmaa:DRMAAJobRunner" workers="4"/>
>     </plugins>
>     <destinations default="sge_default">
>         <destination id="sge_default" runner="drmaa"/>
>     </destinations>
> </job_conf>

I think you are missing the handlers configuration section. Assuming
you are using only one server called main([server:main] in
'universe_wsgi.ini') you should use something like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<job_conf>
    <plugins>
        <plugin id="sge" type="runner"
load="galaxy.jobs.runners.drmaa:DRMAAJobRunner" workers="4"/>
    </plugins>
    <handlers default="handlers">
        <!-- Additional job handlers - the id should match the name of a
             [server:<id>] in universe_wsgi.ini.
         -->
        <handler id="main" tags="handlers"/>
    </handlers>
    <destinations default="sge_default">
        <destination id="sge_default" runner="drmaa"/>
    </destinations>
</job_conf>

The wiki[1] doesn't include the 'handlers' section in the examples. I
personally prefer starting from the supplied sample
file('job_conf.xml.sample_advanced').

[1]http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/Performance/Cluster

Hope it helps,
Carlos