On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Rodolfo Aramayo <raram...@tamu.edu> wrote:

>>> I've seen that kind of error from NCBI BLAST+ before - do you
>>> know which of the BLAST tools was this, and what the query
>>> was?
>>
>> The repo was:
>> repos/devteam/ncbi_blast_plus/9dabbfd73c8a/ncbi_blast_plus
>>
>> The query was:
>> Output from velvetoptimiser
>> /repos/simon-gladman/velvet_optimiser/43c89d82a7d3/velvet_optimiser
>
> OK, so this was a nucleotide FASTA file from an assembly, right?

Yes

> What were you searching with BLAST? e.g. BLASTN against NT,
> BLASTX against NR, etc.

Search was blastn, task megablast of the assembly as query against an
in-house made (and installed into galaxy) of a blastn database for
Chromosomes 1 to 7 of Neurospora crassa
Database was produced with:
makeblastdb -in Ncrassa_wt_Chr01.Chr07_v12 -dbtype nucl -title
Ncrassa_wt_Chr01.Chr07_v12 -parse_seqids -hash_index
and "installed" into the "blastdb.loc" file as required

Thanks