On Aug 7, 2013, at 9:23 PM, shenwiyn wrote:

> Yes,and I also have the same confuse about that.Actually when I set
> server:<id> in the universe_wsgi.ini as follows for a try,my Galaxy doesn't
> work with Cluster,if I remove server:<id>,it work .

Hi Shenwiyn,

Are you starting all of the servers that you have defined in universe_wsgi.ini?
 If using run.sh, setting GALAXY_RUN_ALL in the environment will do this for
you:

    http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/Performance/Scaling

> [server:node01]
> use = egg:Paste#http
> port = 8080
> host = 0.0.0.0
> use_threadpool = true
> threadpool_workers = 5
> This is my job_conf.xml :
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <job_conf>
>     <plugins workers="4">
>         <plugin id="local" type="runner"
> load="galaxy.jobs.runners.local:LocalJobRunner" workers="4"/>
>         <plugin id="pbs" type="runner"
> load="galaxy.jobs.runners.pbs:PBSJobRunner" workers="8"/>
>     </plugins>
>     <handlers default="batch">
>         <handler id="node01" tags="batch"/>
>         <handler id="node02" tags="batch"/>
>     </handlers>
>     <destinations default="regularjobs">
>         <destination id="local" runner="local"/>
>         <destination id="regularjobs" runner="pbs" tags="cluster">
>             <param
> id="Resource_List">walltime=24:00:00,nodes=1:ppn=4,mem=10G</param>
>             <param
> id="galaxy_external_runjob_script">scripts/drmaa_external_runner.py</param>
>             <param
> id="galaxy_external_killjob_script">scripts/drmaa_external_killer.py</param>
>             <param
> id="galaxy_external_chown_script">scripts/external_chown_script.py</param>
>         </destination>
>    </destinations>
> </job_conf>

The galaxy_external_* options are only supported with the drmaa plugin, and
actually only belong in the univese_wsgi.ini for the moment, they have not been
migrated to the new-style job configuration.  They should also only be used if
you are attempting to set up "run jobs as the real user" job running
capabilities.

> Further more when I want to kill my jobs  by clicking
> <Catch(08-08-09-12-39).jpg> in galaxy web,the job keeps on running in my
> background.I do not know how to fix this.
> Any help on this would be grateful.Thank you very much.

Job deletion in the pbs runner was recently broken, but a fix for this bug will
be part of the next stable release (on Monday).

--nate