On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Dave Bouvier <d...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
> Peter, Björn,
>
> The August Galaxy release is out, and the template_command is now in the
> stable repository and branch. Regarding matplotlib and numpy, I currently
> only see matplotlib depending on the 74c21f9bdc39 revision of numpy. Is this
> still an issue, or has it been resolved?
>
>    --Dave B.

Thanks Dave,

In the short term simplifying the NumPy package & then (in a cascade)
updating other packages dependent on that new latest revision was
enough to get the packages I was testing to install on the July stable
release.

Updating to the new August stable release should hopefully fix some/all
of the issues we were struggling with - if there are any still outstanding
we will let you know.

The sooner the Tool Shed starts testing package installation the better
though - for example this would have caught the template_command
problem much quicker (using a new unreleased feature on the main
Tool Shed):
https://trello.com/c/HVGrShnC/1042-tool-shed-should-test-installation-of-packages

Cheers,