On Aug 14, 2013, at 9:46 PM, tin h wrote:

> Hello gurus,
>

> I made some slight progress...
>
> If I specify a handlers section into the job_conf.xml file with:
>     <handlers>
>         <handler id="main"/>
>     </handlers>
>

> Then galaxy would at least start.  However, it is not very functional, I
> can't upload files or run job, it says:
>
> An error occurred with this dataset:Unable to run job due to a
> misconfiguration of the Galaxy job running system. Please contact a site
> administrator.
>

> My universe_wsgi.conf is fairly stock, the [server:main] section is certainly
> there.  The most relevant changes are:
>     start_job_runners = drmaa
>     default_cluster_job_runner =  drmaa://-q default.q -V -v TMPDIR=/scratch/
>

> If someone can point me to a job_conf.xml so that I can set the TMPDIR param
> correctly for qsub (sge), that would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks
> -Tin

Hi Tin,

The start_job_runners and default_cluster_job_runner parameters are ignored
once you switch to the new XML configuration.  The problem is most likely that
the 'runner' attribute on your destination ("drmaa") does not match the 'id'
attribute of the DRMAAJobRunner plugin ("sge"), so try changing one or the
other so that they match.  More details regarding the error should be shown in
the log.

--nate