Hello everyone,

I installed both Galaxy and Apache in a Red Hat linux machine and they work
fine individually. If I open http://localhost then a welcome page comes out
showing the httpd is working. In galaxy I changed host=0.0.0.0 and "sh run.sh",
then the http://localhost<http://localhost/>:8080 will direct me to the Galaxy
page.

Now I want to put Galaxy under Apache and here is what I did:
1. First I comment the "host=0.0.0.0" line to stop the build in web server in
Galaxy and then "sh run.sh" to make Galaxy running.
2. Then I put these lines
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^/galaxy$ /galaxy/ [R]
    RewriteRule ^/static/style/(.*)
/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/static/june_2007_style/blue/$1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^/static/scripts/(.*)
/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/static/scripts/packed/$1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^/static/(.*) /home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/static/$1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^/favicon.ico /home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/static/favicon.ico [L]
    RewriteRule ^/robots.txt /home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/static/robots.txt [L]
    RewriteRule ^/galaxy(.*) http://localhost:8080$1 [P]
    into my "httpd.conf" file. Then I restart the httpd service.

    Also, I made changes to the "universe_wsgi.ini" file as instructed and
restart Galaxy:

    [filter:proxy-prefix]
    use = egg:PasteDeploy#prefix
    prefix = /galaxy

    [app:main]
    filter-with = proxy-prefix
    cookie_path = /galaxy

After I do these, either http://localhost<http://localhost/>:8080 nor
http://localhost<http://localhost/>/galaxy works. I find two threads talked
about this problem before:
http://user.list.galaxyproject.org/Installing-galaxy-with-Apache-td4654499.html
http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/Running-Galaxy-behind-apache2-td4624545.html
but my Red Hat httpd does not has this "/etc/apache2/sites-available/default"
directory and only has "/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf".

Could someone please tell me where should I put those lines in the "httpd.conf"
file? I have tries various places and none of them works. Any help would be
deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim