Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the history view. I don't see anything when I clicked the "i"
icon and click the stderr link. However, here is what I see if I click the
little bug icon next to the "i":

Tool execution generated the following error message:

Attaching package: ‘BiocGenerics’

The following objects are masked from ‘package:parallel’:

    clusterApply, clusterApplyLB, clusterCall, clusterEvalQ,
    clusterExport, clusterMap, parApply, parCapply, parLapply,
    parLapplyLB, parRapply, parSapply, parSapplyLB

The following object is masked from ‘package:stats’:

    xtabs

The following objects are masked from ‘package:base’:

    anyDuplicated, as.data.frame, cbind, colnames, duplicated, eval,
    Filter, Find, get, intersect, lapply, Map, mapply, match, mget,
    order, paste, pmax, pmax.int, pmin, pmin.int, Position, rank,
    rbind, Reduce, rep.int, rownames, sapply, setdiff, sort, table,
    tapply, union, unique, unlist

Welcome to Bioconductor

    Vignettes contain introductory material; view with
    'browseVignettes()'. To cite Bioconductor, see
    'citation("Biobase")', and for packages 'citation("pkgname")'.

estimating size factors
estimating dispersions
gene-wise dispersion estimates
mean-dispersion relationship
final dispersion estimates
fitting generalized linear model

All these are the normal output message from loading the 'Deseq2' package
in R, and run some functions. After I use

suppressMessages(Library("DESeq2"))

to suppress the library loading messages, now, the following lines appear
if I click "i" and then click "stderr"

estimating size factors
estimating dispersions
gene-wise dispersion estimates
mean-dispersion relationship
final dispersion estimates
fitting generalized linear model

I guess I need to suppress them as well -- but how come they are on stderr
not stdout?

Thanks,
Rui