On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Joachim Jacob | VIB |
<joachim.ja...@vib.be> wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>

> Sorry to dig up this unsolved thread from a few months back.
>
> Recap of the bug: I have developed a small tool. I have put it in my local
> Toolshed, and installed it. After applying some changes to the tool, I 'hg
> push'ed the changes to my repository on my toolshed. I uninstalled the tool,
> and reinstalled it. Since I work with job handlers, I have to restart
> Galaxy. Since I had about ~4 committed changes, I have repeated these steps
> about 4 times.
>
> The bug: the tool appears multiple times in the tool management window. 2
> times as new, and 1 time as uninstalled (since I uninstalled it). The tool
> is still available in the toolbox, although it should not. The 2 installed
> tools have an option 'install', but when I click this I get an internal
> server error 500.
>
> Galaxy version:
> *************
> [galaxy@galaxy galaxy-dist]$ hg tip
> changeset:   10411:c42567f43aa7
> tag:         tip
> user:        greg
> date:        Mon Aug 19 13:19:56 2013 -0400
> summary:     Filter invalid objects when generating the list of
> repository_dependencies objects that are associated with a tool shed
> repository installed into Galaxy.
> *************
>
> As per your request: the web log of this internal server error.
>
> ****************
> 193.191.128.2 - - [30/Sep/2013:13:15:19 +0200] "GET
> /admin_toolshed/prepare_for_install?tool_shed_url=http://toolshed.bits.vib.be/&repository_ids=968205d9ed31733d&changeset_revisions=e08a6d9e97a3
> HTTP/1.1" 500 -
> "http://galaxy.bits.vib.be/admin_toolshed/browse_repositories"; "Mozilla/5.0
> (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu
> Chromium/28.0.1500.71 Chrome/28.0.1500.71 Safari/537.36"
> Debug at: http://galaxy.bits.vib.be/_debug/view/1380535486
> ****************
>
> The postgres database shows:
>
> ************************
> galaxydb=>              select id, tool_shed, name, owner,
> installed_changeset_revision, status, error_message from
> tool_shed_repository where name = 'transpose';
>  id |      tool_shed       |   name    |  owner  |
> installed_changeset_revision |   status    | error_message
> ----+----------------------+-----------+---------+------------------------------+-------------+---------------
>  45 | toolshed.bits.vib.be | transpose | joachim | cee0157acee1
> | Uninstalled |
>  44 | toolshed.bits.vib.be | transpose | joachim | 2fa0462b9303
> | New         |
>  43 | toolshed.bits.vib.be | transpose | joachim | e08a6d9e97a3
> | New         |
> (3 rows)
> How should I proceed ?
>

> This is the second time I experience this. On a last note: I have noted also
> [...]

Hmm - do these "New" entries show up in white on the
"Manage installed tool shed repositories" admin page?

It sounds like a case of what was nicknamed "white ghosts",
some causes of which have been fixed - but I don't think there
was any automated removal of old "white ghosts" (I still have
two on my test system).