Dear Galaxy developers,

Currently our production Galaxy runs the stable branch.  However, I see one or
two reasons to want to run the development (default) branch for a while.

This will involved migrating the database to a later version, which is fine, as
migration scripts exists.

What I am wondering is whether it is guaranteed that I will be able to get back
onto stable at a later date, i.e. there will be a database migration path from
whatever development database version I end up on, onto a future stable
database version.

Can anyone comment?

cheers,
Simon