Hi Eric,

I've being pondering this too - it can easily get very complicated
with multiple copies of a workflow with minor variations.

I agree that "read only" sharing makes sense as a short term
goal, but I see two variants being useful here - an read only
snapshot copy from the instant it was shared (where the shared
version is locked forever but may of course optionally be
copied by the receiver, and the copy edited), and as an
always up to date live pointer (in case the original owner
revises it - then all the users get the changes immediately).

Some of your wish list  ideas also sound very good, but may
not be practical - not everyone will understand a VCS
approach to managing workflows :(

Regards,

Peter