Hi Peter,

Galaxy starts, but any operation that involves changes in the database seems to
fail.

One "solution" I found was to move to the default branch (hg update default)
instead of the "stable" one...there the problem seems to be fixed somehow.

However, then I get another error when trying to create a new history because
the attribute "genome_build" in the payload is "null" and, according to the
error, it should be a string. Details:

source

annotation

deleted

false

genome_build

null

id

cc4287507a7e4aae

model_class

History

name

test1235

nice_size

0 bytes

published

false

purged

false

state

new

state_details

discarded

0

empty

0

error

0

failed_metadata

0

new

0

ok

0

paused

0

queued

0

running

0

setting_metadata

0

upload

0

state_ids

discarded

empty

error

failed_metadata

new

ok

paused

queued

running

setting_metadata

upload

tags

url

/api/histories/cc4287507a7e4aae

user

username

pieterlukasse

quota_percent

null

total_disk_usage

36654268543

nice_total_disk_usage

34.1 GB

email

pieter.luka...@wur.nl<mailto:pieter.luka...@wur.nl>

model_class

User

id

f2db41e1fa331b3e

diskSize

0

xhr

readyState

4

responseText

{ "error": "genome_build must be a string: " }

responseJSON

error

genome_build must be a string:

status

400

statusText

Bad Request

responseHeaders

Date

Wed, 18 Dec 2013 13:43:26 GMT

cache-control

max-age=0,no-cache,no-store

Server

PasteWSGIServer/0.5 Python/2.7.5+

Connection

close

content-type

application/json

options

validate

true

parse

true

emulateHTTP

false

emulateJSON

false

Disabling this specific validation in
/home/lukas007/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/webapps/galaxy/api/histories.py (by
disabling I mean just putting a dummy string value in "genome_build") will
restore the "normal" Galaxy functionality and all seems to be working fine
now...until I hit something that depends on this "genome_build" parameter of
course...  Is this a known issue? If not, hereby ;)

Regards,

Pieter.