You are doing nothing wrong Cristian, it was my error.

I've updated the tool definition file; it is now at
https://github.com/ged-lab/khmer/blob/output_naming1
/scripts/normalize-by-median.xml

And I've updated the code base. You'll need to run the following to update
your installation

pip install -e git+...@github.com:ged-lab/khmer.git@output_naming1#egg=khmer

or if you don't have a github account:

pip install -e git+
https://github.com/ged-lab/khmer.git@output_naming1#egg=khmer

To be able to use diginorm inside Galaxy Workflows we are only supporting
diginorming into a single file at this time.

There is a chaining method where multiple files can be processed
sequentially but until Galaxy supports proper collections a cleaner
integration will have to wait.

Interested parties can follow along at
https://github.com/ged-lab/khmer/pull/237#issuecomment-31307144

--