On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 1:40 PM, Dannon Baker <dannon.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 8:30 AM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> This fixed the history_dataset_association.extended_metadata_id
>> error - so is the most likely explanation a failed schema update?
>> Might a stale migration_tmp table have been to blame?
>
> Yes, I've seen this before when I've killed (or otherwise crashed) a
> migration in process; migrate_tmp doesn't get automatically cleaned up --
> and, to allow for recovery, probably shouldn't.

Tricky one - perhaps what would be best is to abort with an explicit
error if there is already a (stale) migrate_tmp table present?

> Any idea what may have
> caused it in your case?For a development database I've most commonly just
> deleted the migrate_tmp table manually and rerun the migration.

I don't know what went wrong here - it could have happened a
while back, with the stale migrate_tmp table waiting harmlessly
until I ran a schema update today.

> It's worth noting that *only* sqlite can have this problem, due to the
> way migrations work.

I thought that might be the case.